Technology has significantly impacted a lot of areas in our lives, both for better and worse. It has enabled us to make advancements in the field of IT, finance, healthcare, the environment, and many others. And one of the areas where technology is felt the most in terms of the business world is in background screening. Background screening technology has become a key factor for companies in Human Resources with its incorporation in AI and machine learning for accurate data.
The moment you take regulatory and compliance changes into account, the need for it becomes more pertinent. In fact, there are still many countries that do not work on the background screening process, which can turn out to be a huge issue. But with the way technology is taking over, things are changing slowly.
Here we will talk about how technology is helping in the background screening process.
Background Screening Challenges
The background screening process usually brings about many challenges to the HR department. And the key struggles include speed and efficiency. Other than this, here are some of the most significant challenges faced by background verification companies when working on the process:
- Getting quality data and information – Other than the challenge in verifying information, most HRs face issues when they are trying to get quality information. This leads to wasted time and loss of efficiency while screening the employees in a company.
- More time and work required – This is a very obvious challenge all HRs face. Having the work done in the least time is something that has become important in every department of the company as the workload increases. And that is when pressure grows for the company to have instant and immediate hires ready.
- Difficulty in verifying information – Another important reason for doing a background check is to verify the information of the employee, yet a lot of people find it very challenging. They usually need expert help from screening specialists in helping them verify the important information.
- Constant monitoring – People change. Once a person joins a company, they can change and can even be involved in illegal activity. Both things can have huge consequences on the firm, especially for companies in the financial sector. So, it is quite important to keep an eye on the people you have hired.
How Background Verification Benefited from Technology?
The HR department has the main job of hiring new employees in a company. And screening the applicants and verifying their information can be highly hectic and time consuming. That is where background check technology can help. Using technology in the recruitment process can help improve efficiency and save a lot of time and money in the long run.
In fact, making use of background screening technology for verifying an employee’s information has a lot of advantages. Here are some of the ways that it has benefited the overall process:
- Accurate data collection and verification – When employee screening is done manually, it is normal for the team to conduct just a general sweep of records and allow information to fall through the cracks. If you use the right background check technology, it would help you be more thorough with the verification process. In addition to this, the automated results can be much more accurate and these would have a higher quality than the report you get from manual work. This would help the HR department in making better decisions about the candidate.
- Access to huge data repositories – With adding background screening technology into the HR department, it can assist the team run through the negative database when checking the criminal record of the applicant in question. In short, employee screening using a negative database can assist the company to select employees who have a clean record and are not on the bad side of the law.
- Using cognitive technologies (AI, ML, NLP) – Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML), and Artificial intelligence (AI) can take up all the hectic work that was otherwise taken care of by huge HR teams. These technologies have the ability to make perfect sense of huge volumes of data. And the best thing about this is that they adapt and constantly improve to give better results.
Also, with natural language processing, machine learning can automatically curate customer risk profiles. This would bring in significant information about the applicant in one place, after removing all the duplicate and irrelevant data.
- Better data security – Not only do businesses have to research an applicant that comes into their office, it is also important for every company to protect the candidates information as well. Yet, with all this, some information usually has to be shared between companies when there is a background screening process taking place.
- Saving time and effort – In large companies that get a lot of job applications, working on the screening process manually can be very hectic and take months to complete. If the company uses background screening technology software, it would help save a lot of time for the verification process of these applicants. If you do not have the right software, the best way out is to hire a company whose sole purpose is to help you get the verification done.
- Extreme configurability – One of the greatest challenges in screening is variety. So, regardless of if it is drilling down into different risk stages, setting different risk tolerances for different geographies or segmenting low-risk vs. high-risk clients, there isn’t a “one size fits all” when it comes to screening employees. But with the right background check technology, prioritization engines and modern filtering, this can take away inaccuracies and the extra effort. It would make things much easier and more accurate for the recruitment process to move smoothly.
How do we help you?
We are one of the leading background screening service providers and we have incorporated all the latest technologies into our process. Our team makes use of the best background screening technologies like ML, AI and others for data extraction. This helps in making the process fast and accurate when compared to the traditional process of verifying the applicants. All the details would be gathered and a proper report would be shared with you. Contact us today to know more!